After the last annual budget, a big tax reform was issued in the country. Every taxpayer in the country is supposed to pay this tax during every monetary transaction. Thus all the business entities providing goods and services fulfilling a certain criterion were supposed to register for GST.
Businesses with annual turnover more than Rs. 10 Lakhs in special states and Rs. 20 Lakhs in other states are eligible for GST registration. The business proprietary officer is supposed to apply for GST registration within the first 30 days of eligibility. Apart from the annual turnover criterion, there are various other conditions under which an entity may become eligible and the same have been mentioned in the GST Council.
The online application process offered by GST portal completes your registration within 5-10 working days. The process is as follows:
- Open GST portal. Click on Register Now under your specific category.
- This is Part A of the registration.Click on New Registration and fill out the details asked for on the page and then Proceed.
- After verification through an OTP, a Temporary Reference Number (TRN) is issued. You are required to take a note of it.
- Once again, click on Register Now. Enter your TRN followed by Proceed.
- After the second verification by an OTP, you can see the status of your application.
- By clicking on Edit you enter the Part B of the registration. This part has various sections and they require a number of official documents. This process may take some time.
- After all the documents have been duly verified, you can submit the application through three ways; namely; DSC, E-sign or an EVC.
- Now, an Application Reference Number(ARN) is issued. A Success prompt containing your ARN is generated. The ARN can be used to check the status of your application.
Q1: How to change the Registration Details?
A: The changes should be made within 15 days. Any changes should be verified by an officer. Business details to be changed require a new registration.
Q2.How to change GST mobile number?
A: The change should be verified by an officer within 15 days of registration.
Q3.How to claim a refund in GST?
A: The details of such execution are mentioned in the GST RFD-01, RFD-02, RFD-03. These are to be filed for claiming the refund.
Q4.How to change DSC in GST?
A: All changes in business details require a new registration.
Q5.What is regular GST?
A: When the turnover of a composition taxpayer crosses Rs.50 Lakhs in special states and Rs. 75 Lakhs, they become a regular GST taxpayer.
Q6.What is the legal name of the business in GST registration?
A: The name of the business as mentioned on the PAN card is the legal name that is accepted in GST registration.
Q7.How to register DSC in GST portal?
A: After procuring your DSC, go to My Profile link on GST Portal. Click on Services > User Services > Update DSC.
This Post Has Been Viewed 57 Times
- Business Compliance
- Corporate Compliance
- Income Tax Compliance
- Other Business Compliances
- International Taxation
- Arrival – Departure tax briefings
- Assistance in Internation Tax Litigations
- Certificate of Coverage
- Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement
- Foreign Tax Credits And Treatment of Grossing up Components
- FRRO Registrations and Extensions
- Hypothetical Tax Computations
- Income Tax Compliance
- OCI CARD AND PO CARD
- Salary Structuring and Payoff Processing
- Secondment Agreements
- Tax Equalization Policy and Computations
- Other Services
- Foreign Company
- Transfer Pricing
- Not For Profit Sector
- Start a Business
- Company Formation Outside India
- Foreign Owner
- Indian Owner
- Special Entities
- Starters’ CFO Special
Contact Us Today