Employees’ State Insurance is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. It is designed to accomplish the task of protecting ’employees’ as defined in the Employees’ State Insurance Act against the hazards of sickness, maternity, disablement and death due to employment injury and to provide medical care to insured persons and their families. Besides ESI registration, TAN registration too is very essential.
ESI registration is done to protect all “employees” engaged on a monthly remuneration of not more than Rs. 15000/- in a factory/ establishment to which the Act applies. The ESI Scheme is being implemented area-wise by stages. All states except Manipur, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram are covered under ESI Registration and among Union Territories, Delhi and Chandigarh are being covered under this scheme.
To inquire more about ESI registration form, ESI registration fees, ESI registration rules, and ESI registration eligibility, just drop us a mail regarding the same.
Employees’ State Insurance refers to a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. Under this scheme if employees are earning ₹15000 or less per month as wages, then the employer needs to contribute 4.75 percent and employee has to contribute 1.75 percent (total share 6.5 percent) to ESI. Besides ESI registration, TAN registration too is very essential.
Those employees who are registered under this scheme are entitled to medical treatment for themselves and their dependents. Introduction of Pehchan smart cards as a part of Project Panchdeep led to efficient use of technology for ESI. To inquire more about ESI registration form, ESI registration fees, ESI registration rules, and ESI registration eligibility, just drop us a mail regarding the same.
The Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) scheme is for employees engaged in various economic sectors in entire India. The ESI scheme is administered and regulated by an autonomous and self-financing social security and labour welfare organization named ESIC, strictly as per the rules and regulations given in the ESI act of 1948.
Registration under the ESI scheme of ESIC, is referred to as the ESI registration.
Employee can avail following benefits under the scheme:-
a. Benefits for family
b. Sickness benefits
c. Dependent benefits
d. Maternity benefits
e. Funeral benefits
ESI registration is required when a company/firm/organization employers having employees more than 10 in numbers and their salaries does not cross 15000/- per month.
It is a 17 digit unique identification number allotted to every registered establishment. This number is generated through the ESIC portal on submission of the required information by the employer.
An employer must apply for FORM 01 within 15 days after the act becomes applicable to a unit or establishment.
Yes, it is mandatory requirement for every employer who comes under this act to register their factory/establishment.
© 2019 StartersCfo. All Rights Reserved